Bryce Brothers EAPG Ribbon Candy Creamer

Bryce Brothers EAPG Ribbon Candy Creamer
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: B111310RC
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $33.99
Availability In-Stock
# Available 1

Vintage From Paul is delighted to offer this stunning EAPG Creamer from Bryce Brothers in the clear EAPG Ribbon Candy pattern, dating to the late 1800's.

The creamer can be seen on page 32 of "Two Hundred Pattern Glass Pitchers' by Minnie Watson Kamm, Fifth Edition, 1938.

The ovoidal creamer body sits on a n arrow abbreviated standard and high dome shaped base.

The rim is thick, slightly flaring, and with a shell shaped impression on the lower portion of the spout. The handle is rather ornate, a cylindrical bar placed vertically between two rings, the horizontal connecting pieces being round, the upper flattened for a thumb grasp, the lower ribbed at the body.

Decoration begiins an inch below the rim of the bowl, where there is a zigzag line with beveled edge, the lower portion of the body inset slightly over the rim portion. The sigzag line is repeated on the outside of the hollow base. Bellow this line is a long looped meander connected top and bottom, encircling the creamer and extending nearly to the base of the bowl. The outline is a wide sharply ridged double line, inside of which is an elongated tear drop in high relief.

The obvious name for this pattern is "Double Loop" but than name is preempted; it is sometimes called "Figure Eight", but it resembles the satiny ribbon-candy sold at Christmas time, hence the name chosen by Bryce Brothers.

The pattern was U.S. Glass Co.'s "No. 15010" in a trade catalog of 1898, but all patterns therein had also been made in 1892, over the original molds of the parent factories (Bryce in this case).

The creamer is in mint condition, having no chips, cracks or signs of repair when black light tested. The glass shows no sickness. The creamer stands 5-3/8 inches in height and measures 5 inches in diameter at the top.

We ship the day after payment is received using Insured Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Parcels are generally received in 2-3 days depending on your location.

About Bryce Brothers Glass:

Bryce Brothers operated under many names and organizations over time, Including Bryce, McKee & Company, Bryce, Richards & Company, Bryce, Walker & Company, Bryce Brothers, and Bryce Higbee & Company. Like many glass manufacturers, Bryce Brothers was a family affair. In all, there were 9 members of the Bryce family involved in the glass industry at one time. James Bryce started in the glass industry as an apprentice when he was 10 years old with Bakewell, Page, & Bakewell in Pittsburgh. He and his brother Robert D. Bryce formed the first company with Fred M. McKee in 1850 in Birmingham, PA near Pittsburgh.

They manufactures lamps and flint glass tableware. In 1855 the company became Bryce, Richards & Company making pressed and cut tableware. In 1865, the name was changed again to Bryce, Walker & Company and this organization lasted until 1882 when William Walker disassociated himself. Edwin W. Bryce, son of James, entered the business at this time and the company continued as Bryce Brothers until it was absorbed into the United States Glass Company in 1891 where it was known as "Factory B". Shortly thereafter, Bryce Brothers resumed operations at a plant in Hammondsville, PA. In 1896 they opened a new plant in Mt. Pleasant, PA which continued to operate until the factory was sold to Lenox Crystal in 1948.

In 1879, John Bryce joined with former Bryce salesman John B. Higbee to form Bryce, Higbee & Co. which lasted until the factory was destroyed by flood in 1907. Higbee continued on as John B. Higbee Glass Company in Bridgeville, PA until 1918. Patterns from Bryce.